Butternut Squash Soup with Sage
- Heat oil in saucepot over medium heat. Add squash, apples and onion and cook until almost tender. Stir in sugar, coriander and red pepper. Cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Add broth. Heat to a boil. Cook over low heat 10 minutes. or until squash is tender.
- Place cooked squash mixture in food processor, using a slotted spoon. Cover and blend until smooth, adding enough cooking liquid to make soup of desired consistency.
- Heat butter in small skillet. Add sage and cook until crisp. Remove and drain on paper towels. Reserve butter in skillet. Divide soup among 4 bowls. Drizzle each with sage butter and garnish with fried sage leaves.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 pounds butternut squash, peeled and seeded and cut
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples, cored and sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 cups Swanson® Chicken Broth
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 12 fresh sage leaves
Fettuccine with Sweet Pepper-Cayenne Sauce
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Meanwhile, spray cooking oil in a large skillet and saute red bell peppers, garlic and cayenne pepper over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream and broth; simmer uncovered for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
- Toss hot pasta with sauce and season with salt and pepper to taste; serve.
- 12 ounces dry fettuccine pasta
- 2 red bell peppers, julienned
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
Spicy Grilled Shrimp
- Preheat grill for medium heat.
- In a small bowl, crush the garlic with the salt. Mix in cayenne pepper and paprika, and then stir in olive oil and lemon juice to form a paste. In a large bowl, toss shrimp with garlic paste until evenly coated.
- Lightly oil grill grate. Cook shrimp for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until opaque. Transfer to a serving dish, garnish with lemon wedges, and serve.
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 wedges lemon, for garnish
- Bring a large saucepan of water to boil. Briefly place 6 pounds tomatoes into water to loosen skins and set color. Drain, peel and crush.
- Mix chopped tomatoes, garlic powder, lemon juice, salt, cayenne pepper and cumin into the saucepan with crushed tomatoes. Whip to desired thickness.
- Bring to a boil. Mix in red onion, white onion, yellow onion, jalapeno peppers and cilantro. Continue boiling until vegetables are soft and mixture has reached desired consistency. Remove from heat. Refrigerate until serving.
- 6 pounds plum tomatoes
- 1/4 pound plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 pound jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1/3 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
Recipes thanks to Allrecipes.com.